Tag Archives: personal
Every once in a while, a wedding photographer gets to attend a wedding as a guest. But even then, she can’t help but to bring her camera and capture those just-so-perfectly-candid moments of her friends and loved ones. Plus, the way I see it, as a guest, there are chances to get shots that you can’t get as the official photographer, so, why not!
I can’t believe it’s been a whole year since Jolene & Steve’s rocking fun wedding at the very pretty Twin Willow Gardens! Congratulations again Jolene & Steve, so happy to have been a part of your special day and celebrate with you, and happy anniversary!
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!
I have been meaning to formally introduce my dear friend and often time 2nd shooter, Carol Le of Clicked by Carol, for a while. We met only about 2.5 years ago (May 2, 2008 to be exact) but quickly became very close friends. I learned pretty immediately that not only is she a great photographer, she’s also an amazing baker, a terrific friend and an extremely insightful, considerate, sweet young woman (did I just call her a young woman? Why yes I did!).
I got the idea of asking her for a romantic, Valentine’s themed cupcake recipe to share with my readers to celebrate Valentine’s Day. To my surprise, she agreed! Her cupcakes are extremely delicious and the recipes are, well, if-I-tell-you-I’ll-have-to-kill-you, ready to be passed down generations or sold only in cook book kind… But she shared because she’s that awesome! And, so, here it is, without further ado, her secret recipe for Raspberry Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting.
Raspberry Chocolate Cupcakes
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp raspberry extract
1. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
2. In a double boiler (or a bowl over a pot of simmering water), stir chocolate until melted and smooth. Remove bowl from heat.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until smoothly blended and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the chocolate from step 2, and mix evenly.
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla, raspberry extract, and sour cream.
6. Add the flour mixture in 3 parts, until it is incorporated and batter looks smooth.
7. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. Do not be tempted to overfill, or they will sink in the middle! Bake at 350° until toothpick comes out clean (about 15-20 minutes for large cupcakes, and 10-12 minutes for mini cupcakes)
Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting
8 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2-4 cups sifted powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon of raspberry extract
Red food coloring
1. Beat butter vigorously with an electric mixer.
2. Scrape the bowl and add the cream cheese and beat until combined.
3. Mix in raspberry extract and a few drops of food coloring for pink color.
4. Add the powdered sugar in parts, beating until smooth. Continue to add powdered sugar until desired consistency.
Thank you Carol for being who you are! xoxo!
Ok, so I haven’t blogged in forever.
I’ve been busy. Life has been throwing me some very interesting curve balls lately, which I hope to write about in the coming months (along with catching up on updating all of you with my photography journey).
But, it’s better to be late than never, so, I’m going to start blogging again. I’ll start by talking about a new iPhone app I downloaded about 14 weeks ago, called Instagram.
What is Instagram you ask? Well, it’s a photo-service and social-network in one… an one-touch post-processing gadget. It’s a fun way for a photo geek like myself to share photos I take with my iPhone with a bunch of other like-minded people with iPhones.
Business Week recently wrote an article about them. It turns out that the company has been around for 4 months. I first posted a photo on it 14 weeks ago… which means, I joined about 3 weeks into the company’s existence. I guess I’m an early adapter when it comes to using Instagram!
If you have the app too, feel free to follow me there (I’m hoppibunny). If not, well, I’ve made it easy and shared my Instagram journey on my flickr… Check it out!